Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Getting Through

I feel as if im beginning to get through to the children. Last night there was a fire at Miss Maudie's house. I watched as the childrens tears fell from their eyes, like raindrops from the sky. They were hurt, not physically, but mentally. They needed support so i decided to try to help out. Being careful not to scare the young ones, I placed a blanket over scout. I dont think he knew it was me but it was nice to help her out anyways. I placed presents in the tree but i recieved no more than dirty looks from them. Maybe they just have to be less shy or just "grow up."

1 comment:

Scout said...

Dear, Arthur Radley
I am sorry if you thought that I gave you dirty looks while receiving your gifts, but really I was really happy and shocked that I got these beautiful gifts from you. I want to especially thank you for that beautiful soap that had the carvings of Jem and I. Arthur I thought you were a really a violent person, but when you covered me with a blanket when I was cold outside when Miss Maudies house was on fire. I knew you were a very caring person . I can't wait to dee you soon Arthur.
Love, Scout